In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the physicians and staff at ENT Specialists of Abilene would like to assure you that we are actively taking measures to keep our patients and staff safe.
Your health and safety are our priority. For any patient who has had a fever, shortness of breath, traveled outside the U.S. in the past 30 days, or has been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient, please call our office BEFORE coming to your appointment. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment for 14 days after you become symptom free. In addition, our front office staff may ask that any patient exhibiting symptoms reschedule their appointment.
We are also asking that patients be accompanied by only one adult family member or caregiver unless medically necessary.
For your safety, we are also monitoring staff members for any signs of illness and asking them to stay home until they are symptom-free for 24 hours or cleared by a physician to return to work.
What You Can Do to Keep Yourself and Your Family Healthy
- Take everyday preventive actions to stay healthy.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
- Stay informed. CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html offers updated information on the virus.
ENT Specialists of Abilene will continue to monitor the situation locally and will take additional steps as necessary to protect our patients and staff.
The Staff and Physicians