Jeffrey M. Braaten, D.O., F.A.C.S.
Abilene Texas ENT Doctor | ENT Specialist
A graduate of Murray State University, Murray, Ky., Dr. Braaten went on to complete his medical degree at Oklahoma State University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, graduating in the top of his class. Dr. Braaten completed his residency training in Otolaryngology/ Head and Neck Surgery at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Upon graduation he became the Chief of Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery at Irwin Army Medical Center.
Dr. Braaten is Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery and is Subspecialty Certified in Allergy by the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy.
Dr. Braaten’s specialty interests include the medical and surgical treatment of allergy and sinus disorders, Office Balloon Sinuplasty, adult and pediatric otolaryngology, and facial cosmetic surgery.
In addition to his clinical appointments, Dr. Braaten maintains memberships in several professional societies which include:
• American College of Surgeons
• American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
• American Academy of Otolaryngology/ Head and Neck Surgery
• American Academy of Sleep Medicine
• American Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
• Texas Medical Association
Dr. Braaten has also been honored by being named:
• Texas’ Best Doctors- 2006,2007,2008, 2012
• America’s Top Physicians- 2003,2005, 2012
Dr. Braaten and his wife Susan have 5 daughters; Kyley, Lucy, Logan, Connor, and Chloe. They are active members of First Baptist Church of Abilene. A life long athlete, Dr. Braaten has completed numerous triathlons including the Ironman 6 times.